Happy new year! And what I really mean is 2020 can f*ck right off.
2020 was rough. But we came together and managed to pull off some amazing things!
My goal as an artist and a human being is to help people. I’m so grateful to share the ways fromSteph art made a positive impact in 2020:
- Proceeds from Joy Painting Kits are funding the arts education program for orphans and at-risk children at ACK Madeleine in Bungoma, Kenya through 2021.
- Sales from “add your name” leaves in the 30 Minutes art installation at Creative Pinellas raised funds to permanently save 43 acres of rainforest through Rainforest Trust.
- Steph busted out the sewing machine and made hundreds of cloth masks. Some were donated to Pinellas County residents. Others were sold at fromSteph.com. Proceeds from mask sales were used to provide catered meals for frontline healthcare workers in Pinellas County. Meals were purchased from local restaurants to provide them support as they struggled to stay open during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Proceeds from the holiday mug series at fromSteph provided over 400 meals to people in need through Feeding America.
- Over $700 worth of fromSteph handmade merchandise was donated to provide support to WORD! Book Boxes in St. Pete, which provides free access to culturally inclusive and uplifting literature.
Thank you to everyone who shared posts, shared words of encouragement, sent positive vibes, purchased art, and donated chipboard in 2020! I couldn’t do what I do without you!
The work continues in 2021. I am currently creating installations and projects to benefit the following:
- Ocean Conservancy
- Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
- Arts education at the ACK Madeleine School in Bungoma, Kenya
- Feeding America and Feeding Tampa Bay
- the You Good? mental health initiative in Pinellas County
- BU Center for Antiracist Research
If you’d like to support me in 2021, you can:
- Visit my current wishlist.
- Join the fromSteph mailing list.
- Shop fromSteph.com.
I am truly grateful to do this work with your support!